The club has a beginner windsurfing kit (Starboard Start board, board bag, 2 x sails, mast, boom, mast foot) for use by its members. The rules for borrowing are noted below and we encourage club members to make use of it.
Rules of borrowing equipment:
- The person borrowing the equipment must be a fully paid up AWA member or part of the family membership and will be responsible for direct supervision of the equipment when it’s used by them, family members or friends and until it is returned to the coordinator. The equipment must not be loaned or otherwise given to anyone else to use without direct supervision by the AWA member. The equipment must never be rented out.
- Contact to be made via email to email@example.com requesting when they would like to borrow the equipment.
- It is quite a large board so please take this into account when making transport arrangements.
- Depending upon demand, borrowing will only be for a maximum of 7 days.
- A cash deposit of $50 must be provided before/at time of collection; the deposit will be returned if all the equipment is returned with no significant damage and on time.
- Any significant damage to the equipment will be decided at the sole discretion of the coordinator, whereby the deposit may not be returned in order to pay for the repairs.
These rules are subject to change by the Committee.